About the Reading and Literacy Discovery Center
The Reading and Literacy Discovery Center (RLDC) is a program designed to advance children’s reading and literacy in the Cincinnati area and around the world. We are committed to improving childhood literacy by identifying children with reading and learning disorders, such as dyslexia, and providing evidence-based strategies to families and educational professionals to help children achieve academic and lifelong success.
The RLDC is made up of an interdisciplinary team of researchers, pediatricians, reading specialists, educational diagnosticians, speech-language pathologists and teachers.
OUR MISSION AND VISION
Our mission is to improve literacy and reading skills in children through:
- Clinical evaluations to identify specific areas of reading and written language difficulties, including dyslexia and dysgraphia, as well as other factors that may contribute to learning difficulties, including attention, thinking and reasoning skills, and language problems.
- Research aimed at improving evaluation and treatment for children with reading difficulties
- Education for parents and teachers
- Tools for educators to improve assessment and treatment within schools
- Community outreach promoting literacy as preventative medicine
- Evidence-based interventions and therapies
Our Vision is to enable every child to discover reading as a path to learning.
The Reading & Literacy Discovery Center website is designed to be a resource tool for parents, educators, and clinicians and a central information hub for comprehensive and up to date information about reading and literacy programs. RLDC clinicians and scientists are continually evaluating the latest scientific discoveries related to the science of reading and teaching methods in order to improve children’s reading skills.
Questions? Comments? Please Contact Us!